Sunday, April 01, 2007

When It Rains...

...it pours.

Thanks to Master Fob, my social life drought has come to an end.

Yes, it's all your fault Master Fob.

You may recall that a couple of weeks ago I was deathly ill with the flu. (Hey, a little drama and exaggeration makes for a good story, doesn't it?). By the second day of lying in bed with raging fever, I began to get a bit bored, yet I didn't have quite enough energy to get up and really do anything. So, I sat at my desk browsing the infinite offerings of the World Wide Web. Including, of course, reading Master Fob's blog.

I was reading it so thoroughly that I even read the AdSense ads. "Hmmm", I thought, "here's one to look at--Mormon Clip Art". I clicked on that ad and, lo and behold, up pops the website for LDSPlanet. (For those of you non-single, socially fulfilled individuals, LDSPlanet is an online dating site).

"Ah, what the hell. I've nothing else to do", I thought to myself. So I casually filled out the required pages so I could browse through and see what was offered in terms of potential dates, mates, etc.

Oft times, this type of browsing is depressing. But on this stay-at-home-sick day, I was pleasantly surprised at the candidates.

Now it's two weeks later, and I have met up again with an old acquaintance, spent time with a new friend, and exchanged multiple emails with another.

I generally prefer nice sunny days--that's why I keep my home here in the tropics. But, let me tell you, a thunderstorm now and then is a good thing, too.

Thanks, Master Fob.

2 comments:

Tina said...

That's cool Jen! So was that the old friend or a new acquaintance that called today? Does he have a name? When I told you to blog about it you must know I meant more details!

B.G. Christensen said...

You're welcome. (A month late, but oh well.)