Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Thanksgiving Thought to Chew On

Did you know that Snapple not only quenches your thirst, but also provides you with useful, thought provoking facts? On the inside of the lid of my Peach Iced Tea I was offered:

Fact #111: Only male turkeys gobble

I was on my fifth of 8 and 12 hour night shifts. I don't usually work nights. I used to when I was younger; but I don't anymore. When I was in my twenties is was no big deal to work these shifts and then recover from the assault on my circadian rhythm. Now that I'm... well, let just say that it takes longer for me to get back on track.

It was in the midst of this disconected sleep cycle, and the accompanying giddiness, that the following question resulted from the conversation that I had with my coworker about this all important fact of life:

Do we then eat male turkeys or female turkeys at Thanksgiving?


2 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

If you can tell the difference, I advise against eating it.

Th. said...

.

All and any. Whatever's placed before me.