Call me unoriginal.
But I've gotta start somewhere...
So I'm gonna start my 2007 blogging by being a copycat to MasterFob and FoxyJ, and posting my 2007 Goals.
Lose weight and get more fit. I'm 45 lbs over where I'd really like to be, 35 lbs over what I'd feel comfortable at. So I'm setting my goal at losing at least 25 lbs for the year. That's just over a 2 pound weight loss per month. By utilising my 24 Hour gym membership at least three times a week, I should be able to make decent progress towards this goal.
Pray daily. I'm sticking with the basic stuff, here: morning and bedtime prayers. This is a carry over from 2006. I was finally able to do better at it in the last 2-3 months of last year, but I'd really like to get even better at it. You know, so it's not a goal--but something that is an ingrained part of my daily life.
Socialise more. This one probably sounds a bit strange. But for me, it's a serious task. A few years ago a not-so-good something happened in my life. Part of my response to that something was to withdraw from social life and friends, and even a bit from family. Now, I'm finally at a point where I'm thinking that I'd like to be around people again--to socialise, go out, have fun. But thinking I'm ready to step out again and feeling it is two different things. So, I'm still working on how to quantify this goal, and how I might reach it.
Then, of course, there are the "little" goals:
*Clean out the "pile-it" room (a.k.a. the office).
*Alter the living room curtains.
*Sew the bedroom curtains.
*Sew the dining room curtains.
*Clean and reorganise the kitchen shelves.
*And, finally, have the deck/studio addition started and completed. And the yard landscaped.
*Make more money???
Actually, these goals are all carryovers from 2006. Does posting them make them more attainable?
I'll let you know in 12 months.
1 comment:
Cool goals. I still have two more to complete for 2006 before I make new ones. Thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment